Monday, November 21, 2005

Minor Frustrations

Since this is a fairly public blog, I've probably been a little more upbeat and positive than I might normally be in a personal e-mail. However, all in all, life has been pretty good so far. We like our house, our neighborhood, Erik's school, and Mark's more laid-back schedule, the sunshine and friendly people. That may lead some of you to wonder: "What is she not telling us? It couldn't be that perfect!" And you'd be right.

One of our biggest problems is actually caused by something quite small and affects the youngest member of our family the worst. It's the mossies (mosquitos). While Mark and I get occassional bites, especially if we are outside in the evening, Erik seems to be the preferred victim and gets heaps of bites, some of which swell up into huge lumps. It's pretty hard for a six year old to stop itching, so some of them start weeping or bleeding, which is fairly alarming since infections develop easily in the tropics. It's most distressing for a parent! I noticed Erik's classmates also have bites on their arms and legs, but they don't seem to react as badly. Hopefully his body will get accustomed to the mossies soon.

Not to be too negative, I'll save my other complaints for another posting.

No comments: