In attempts to adapt to the outdoor Australian life style we have purchases a barbecue, pictured above, sorry it's a bit dark (I'll update it tomorrow). It's actually one of the more basic models you can find. This is a country where grilling is taken very seriously, and barbies and their accoutrements can run up to $10,000. It is pretty amazing to see just how much you could invest into outdoor cooking, but having given ours a trial run tonight, I can appreciate the appeal of getting out of the kitchen on a hot day.Since barbecues are purportedly the realm of Australian men, I thought I should should set Erik straight by showing him the mums can not only buy barbecues but also assemble them and cook on them. Actually, I really just wanted to use it to make dinner and Mark wasn't due home 'til 5:30 or 6:00, so with Erik as my helper, we put the thing together. Now a six year-old, he is getting pretty adept at using tools and helped by turning bolts while I held the nuts below. Amazingly, it worked perfectly, and we had grilled sausages and redpeppers along with our pasta tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment