Sorry, I've been neglecting the blog the last few days. Using dial-up with Mark's computer at night hasn't exactly set me on fire, and oddly enough, my new stay-home mom career has kept my quite busy.
I've been frequenting the gym in the mornings and running errands while Erik is in school. Then there is chatting or having a cuppa (as in cup of coffee) with the other mums while Erik plays with his new friends after school. Tomorrow, we have our third play date this week. I don't think most of the mums have really met many Americans and are a bit curious about us or perhaps they are just incredibly friendly. In any event, it's been nice to meet so many people.
Another thing that has been keeping me busy is Adventure Wednesdays. If you read last week's blog, I went on a bike ride along the coast with Deb, a fellow Seattleite. This week, we visited a jewlery exhibit at the Queensland Art Museum and enjoyed high tea at the botanical gardens. Next week, a hike in a nearby rain forest is on next week's schedule. Oh, it's a tough life being a woman of leisure!
Actually, it's all carefully conducted research for when you, dear reader, come to visit. I wouldn't want to take you to an establishment that had stale scones or shoddy service. Hopefully my efforts will be rewarded by at least a few visits from friends and family. However, the Bakers are our only confirmed house guests so far. They will be travelling with two kids, so quit fretting about the expensive airfare and long trip and start looking for deals on the internet.
I'm hoping to put out a story on Australian Beer and bottle shops or maybe about the wacky weather (two or three inches of rain in one hour), so come back for something better tomorrow.
Another thing that has been keeping me busy is Adventure Wednesdays. If you read last week's blog, I went on a bike ride along the coast with Deb, a fellow Seattleite. This week, we visited a jewlery exhibit at the Queensland Art Museum and enjoyed high tea at the botanical gardens. Next week, a hike in a nearby rain forest is on next week's schedule. Oh, it's a tough life being a woman of leisure!
Actually, it's all carefully conducted research for when you, dear reader, come to visit. I wouldn't want to take you to an establishment that had stale scones or shoddy service. Hopefully my efforts will be rewarded by at least a few visits from friends and family. However, the Bakers are our only confirmed house guests so far. They will be travelling with two kids, so quit fretting about the expensive airfare and long trip and start looking for deals on the internet.
I'm hoping to put out a story on Australian Beer and bottle shops or maybe about the wacky weather (two or three inches of rain in one hour), so come back for something better tomorrow.


No comments:
Post a Comment