Yes, it's another school holiday. Rather than a two and a half month summer vacation, like in the U.S., Australian children get only five weeks summer/Christmas holiday. However, without counting the exact days, it seems that they make up for it throughout the year with a week and a half off at Easter, two weeks at the end of June and two weeks again at the end of September/beginning of October.
While it's great for the kids and teachers, it must be hard for working parents. Even for me as a stay home mom, I usually to find things to keep Erik busy over the break. This week he is in soccer camp from 12-3 Monday-Thursday and attending an art workshop on Friday. So far, he has been enjoying it and is getting a lot of exercise. Once Bev and Arlyn get back into town, we'll be heading up to Noosa for some beach time and fishing. It should be a nice relaxing time, but it's a good thing I don't have a job and childcare to juggle. Then there's play dates! we've already got several scheduled.
I'm thinking of looking for a part-time ESL job in January, but I've signed Erik for a Sail and Play camp way out in Manly, so I guess I'll have to wait until he is back in school. Then again, if more of you come to visit, I may have to wait 'til later. Drat!
No comments:
Post a Comment