Today our friends the Bakers said their good byes and headed off to the airport. I haven’t posted much for the past few days as we have been staying at Noosa on the Sunshine Coast (click the link on the right for more info) enjoying the resort atmosphere and gorgeous beaches. We all got a healthy dose of boogie boarding, swimming, and sandcastle building during the day and in the evenings the adults took turns watching the kids, so each couple could sample some of the local cuisine and stroll along the waterfront. 
PJ and I tried to do a bit of shopping at the Eumundi Saturday Morning Market in the pouring rain, but ended up dashing from tent to tent. When there was finally a break in the weather, we decided to make a run for the car. Sunday, we had better luck and made the rounds at Hastings Street, the main boutique strip in Noosa. PJ purchased surf shirt for Bryce’s teacher and a few other souvenirs including a surfer charm for her charm bracelet. I found a tiny pink bikini (not the one in the picture) that was on sale, and despite its skimpiness, it actually stays on quite well, even in the surf and on beach runs. While the ladies were shopping, Mark found some time to escape and explore some of the local mountain bike trails, so he was happy.
En route to Noosa, we stopped at Australia Zoo on the way up and Underwater World on the way back. To be honest, I felt that both were a little over-marketed, especially Australia Zoo (the Crociseum/show area had seating for 7,000). I suppose it’s the same at Disney Land or any other destination tourist attraction, but then again we don’t usually frequent such places. The sharks and rays at Underwater World were impressive, and we made the circuit through the underwater tube in the big tank several times, but after a couple hours the kids were ready to move on to lunch and the beach, which I think provided the best (and cheapest) entertainment of all.
No comments:
Post a Comment