Thursday, February 16, 2006

Birthday Girl



Thank you to everyone who sent birthday greetings and especially to all those in Brisbane who helped me celebrate my 40th year of life. The lunch overlooking the river, champagne, and unexpected cards and presents were especially wonderful. I should turn 40 every year!

Tonight we had a quiet family party with cake and party hats prepared by Mark and Erik. The sheep shape soap and towel set from Erik was perhaps the most unusual birthday present I’ve ever received, and the bike computer from Mark will be very useful in training for my triathlon. Now I’ll know how slow I’m going!

One card I received contained this quote, and it really sums how I feel about approaching the statistical halfway point in life.

“Youth is not a time of life, it is a state of mind.” -Samuel Ullman

I don’t think of myself as getting older, just having more experiences. (and perhaps a few more wrinkles )

No comments: