Thursday, February 09, 2006

Fooled Again

Ha! The weather gods must be having a good laugh. Our "chilly" morning turned into a nearly 90-degree day with an intense dose of sunshine. So much for autumn being just around the corner! However, after hearing reports of a rainy gray Seattle winter, I must admit that bright blue skies nearly everyday (according to Lonely Planet 300 days of sunshine a year) are a pleasant change.

I mentioned in the last posting that I started going to the Adult Swim Squad at our local pool. It used to be the “Ladies Swim Squad” but in the interest of equal rights men are now allowed and in fact encouraged to join in.

I’m guessing it’s been about 25 or 26 years since I last participated in a organized swim workout, but with my triathlon coming up in March, I figured any extra swimming would be helpful. It turned out to be good work out, 2000 meters, which is farther than I would usually do on my own. Also, swimming with other people and working on different drills kept me from getting bored. The squad workout is held three times a week on a drop in basis, so I hope to go again on Monday.

I have yet time myself again on the 750 meters challenge, but I got a few, much appreciated tips from the “coach” to improve my stroke, so hopefully with that and some more workouts, I’ll be shaving a few seconds of my previous time. PJ has been reporting in with improvements to her personal best times. Is anyone else trying? Michelle? Marie?

No comments: