Saturday, December 17, 2005

While Mark's Away

A picture from the Tangalooma Web site



Yesterday morning we saw Mark off at the airport, and he should be in Seattle by now. It will be a quick trip for him, just going to all the wedding functions, so he probably won’t have a chance to see many people other than family.

While Mark is away, I have been looking for ways to keep us busy, so the time will go faster for Erik. Last night some friends from Seattle kindly invited us to dinner, and tonight we are going to a neighborhood Christmas party. We are venturing out of Brisbane to Tangalooma Wild Dolphin Resort on Sunday and Monday. It will be the most touristy outing we have attempted thus far, but then again it’s just Erik and I, so I don’t really want any unforeseen adventures. The package trip includes the ferry ride out to the resort, one night’s accommodation, and activities such as snorkeling, eco touring, sand boarding, and dolphin feeding. Of course this means we will be away from the Internet, so look for pictures and a story when we get back on Monday night. Then, we have an ice skating session planned, and on Wednesday Erik is going to an activity camp for kids, so we get a break from each other and I can do some last minute Christmas shopping. Thursday morning, if all goes as planned, we pick up Mark at the airport and be getting ready for our week at the beach.

No comments: