
Sorry, Mark took the camera to Seattle, and this was taken with the my cell phone, which is hard to use in bright sun.
It’s Tuesday in our time zone, and we’ve returned to Brisbane (I’m starting to call it home, but Erik and I differ on that point). We are both looking a little blonder and tanner, despite the #30 sunscreen and swim shirt, from our stay at Morton Island. The beaches were the prettiest I’ve seen so far with sand banks extending of shore giving the water a beautiful azure hue. The resort itself was a bit disappointing; the buildings were an odd assortment of architectural styles with some more in need of renovation than others. There were a lot of activities, like sand tobogganing and snorkeling, that might have been fun if Erik were a bit older, but since they involved an extra charge and the E-man didn’t seem all that interested, we mostly spent our time building sand castles, playing in the waves, and later diving for rings in the pool for a change of pace. The only real resort activity we partook in was the evening dolphin feeding, which was highly orchestrated and allowed each guest only minute of so in the water. Nonetheless, Erik enjoyed it and insisted we purchase the “memory photo” to show Mark, so if I ever find a scanner I’ll post it to the blog.
No comments:
Post a Comment