Last Wednesday and Thursday, Erik and a friend went to a cartooning and Manga workshop in South Bank, so on the day I drove, Jeanne came along to check out the art museum and have lunch out along the river while the boys were attending their class. It was a hot day, around 90F, but art museum was air conditioned and the bougainvillea covered archways provided some shade.Unfortunately, later that was not the case at the Maritime Museum, so Jeanne looked a display that was in the shade with a bit of a breeze while the boys and I checked out the frigate, Diamantina. Despite the heat, I think she found the exhibits on the settlement of Australia and shipboard life (complete with dishes and uniforms) interesting. Jeanne has certainly learned a lot about Australian history, geography and plants during her stay.
It's hard to believe that she is flying back to Seattle this Thursday. Her two months here have gone so quickly. Although I wish my mom could stay longer, she really needs to go home and figure out her new life. I think weekends and evenings will be the hardest times, so visit or give her a call if you can. Don't be shy about inviting yourself over, just bring something to eat!
No comments:
Post a Comment