
I haven't mentioned this in past postings, but Erik has been wanting to get a pet. Therefore, last Tuesday, once we were back to our normal routine, Erik and I headed over to the pet shop. Our lease doesn't allow dogs or cats, but we figured a small bird or fish would be ok, and to me a bird has a lot more appeal. It chirps, perches on your finger, and at least recognizes people. Since we are novices in bird care (the servant cared for the birds we had in Indonesia), we decided to go for the basic budgie or parakeet.
Erik initially wanted a green bird, which looked a bit old and tired to me, but then thankfully he chose an active, yellow one who has since become known as "Sunny". And as contrived as it may sound, she is a bit of sunshine in our home with her cheerful songs and squawks. I'm probably more attached to her than Erik, but then again she's my company during the day when Erik's at school. I'll try to come up with a separate story/posting on her some time soon, but I thought I should give everyone the update on our newest family member.
No comments:
Post a Comment