It seems that haven't been posting much lately, but it's not because I haven't been doing anything. It's more that I've been too busy. When Winter Quarter ended, I wasn't sure if I'd have a job, so I agreed to sub at Kaplan (a language school at Highline Community College near our house) almost all of my break. Then, on my one day off, the last Friday of the break, I found out I would be teaching again at South Seattle Community College starting the following Monday. Yes, that would be the same Monday that my son Erik would be starting his spring vacation, so I was scrambling for activities and care for him all that week. Thanks to all those who helped out!
I've also been getting back into sailing and ended up sailing both last weekend and the weekend before with my friend Stephanie on her Santa Cruz 27, Wild Rumpus. It was great to get away from the garden project (more on that later) and find new ways to make myself sore. Actually, it was pretty light both for both races, so I didn't take too much abuse. I'm still trying to get used to wearing so many layers of clothing. It's quite a change from sailing in Brisbane!
In the photo, I'm the farthest one forward in the red jacket.
No comments:
Post a Comment