Thursday, February 24, 2011

Busy at Work

Hello! I'm not sure anyone is reading my blog these days, but I should keep posting just to keep in the habit of writing. I've been pretty busy lately, teaching my regular afternoon ESL classes five days a week and subbing in the mornings both at South Seattle Community College and at Highline Community College. Sometimes, it makes for a pretty long day, but I guess I'd better get use to it since I just started teaching in a short term (three week) morning program for visiting Japanese college students. Again, this is in addition to my regular afternoon classes. I never planned on working this much, but it sort of just fell into my lap. Originally, I was only going to sub and teach in the short term program when I was unexpectedly offered three hours (a day M-F) of regular classes. Since I'm trying to get my foot in the door at South, it was just too good to turn down. In some ways, it's been good. I'm contributing to my retirement fund again, and we are still saving a bit of money despite being in our bigger house. On the other hand, I haven't been skiing or kayaking nearly as much as I would have liked. The garden isn't anywhere near ready for planting, and I haven't been up to visit my mom much. Worst of all, Mark and Erik have gone on a trip to visit Mark's parents in Joshua Tree National Park in California, and I'm stuck at home working. :-(

Oh well, just a few more weeks and I'll be on break too!

No comments: