Erik and I have been visiting my parents and his various cousins in Hansville, Washington since the end of June. I was at first concerned about being away from Mark for so long, but time has just flown by and soon he will be joining us.
We've mostly been spending time at the beach, kayaking, sailing, building driftwood rafts and boats. However, we finally made it in to Seattle so that I could see some of my former SCCC colleagues in Capitol Hill and check out the West Seattle/Georgetown scene that my sister is into. The number of hip or funky places in this town never ceases to amaze me. Here are the links to some of the cafes and restaurants we visited.
We been so busy that we've only gone hiking once, up to the crash site of a B-17 in the Olympic Mountains. Erik, of course, thought it was pretty cool, and Mark's dad, who had come across on the ferry to join us, was able to give us detailed commentary. I knew marrying into a family of aeronautical engineers would be helpful at some point!
No comments:
Post a Comment