Saturday Afternoon on the River near our HouseI think we've stayed too long in Australia! It seems that we are constantly attending going away parties for people who arrived after we did. Of all the Boeing Seattle families, we are the last of the original group. Even Mark's boss has left! (His replacement has high school age kids and seems more busy, so we haven't really got to know them as well.) The family from California at Erik's school are leaving next Friday and our dear neighbors, Fi and Jamie have moved to Calgary with their four small children.
It's not all bad though. In a strange coincidence, a family from Calgary (actually the dad is originally from Vancouver BC) moved into their house, and so far we have got on quite well with them, having barbecues and Easter Brunch. They have a girl who's eleven and has a few shared interests with Erik, badminton, "Warriors" books, video games. Today, there was a one day teacher strike, and the two kids stayed home while we moms went to the gym for an hour. It seemed to work out well. Normally, I wouldn't have wanted to leave Erik alone but together they were fine.
Other than that, we've been just transitioning into autumn/winter activities. Erik is trying indoor rock climbing this term instead of soccer and has one week of swimming left. Mark is gearing up for a 100 mile ride in June and has been working a lot. I'm kayaking and riding my new bike when I get a chance. I finally wrote and posted pictures for my Noosa River trip, see On the Water Page. I'm not training for anything in particular now but did just have a PB for my Mother's Day 8 km fun run, 36:25. That's 7:17 per mile/4:35 per km pace, which isn't too shabby for a 43 year old.
1 comment:
Seems like lots of posting about goodbyes: friends who are finishing their cruising (for now) and I know that is coming up for us, too! We are always happy to say, "hello" on Skype if the goodbyes become overwhelming. PJ
Post a Comment